Welcome to our community
The Lord calls us to “do justly, love mercy and walk humbly with God.” — Micah 6:8
We are a diverse group of people of all ages, who believe that God is calling us as a church to reach out to all in our community, whatever their views, traditions or backgrounds. We seek to support, encourage and strengthen our community, and deepen our faith in God.
We are committed to…
- Services that reflect our open and inclusive values with space for traditional and contemporary styles and liturgies.
- Witness that respects the views and opinions of others, whilst affirming the Gospel of God’s love as seen in Jesus Christ.
- Work that shows a willingness to support one another, whilst working together to meet the needs of all.
Are you new to Devizes and looking for a church, or you are exploring Christianity or spirituality?
Everyone is welcome to come to St John’s whoever you are: whether you are a Christian, a person of another faith or of no particular faith. No one will question your right to be here.
All you have to do is come in!
Jonathan Poston, Rector.
Could you be our new Musical Director and Organist? — Click here.
Services & Opening Times
Sunday Mornings in St. John’s
8.00am BCP Holy Communion
10.30am Parish Communion
Monday Mornings in St. John’s
8.30am Morning Prayer Service
Tuesday Evenings in St John’s
6.30pm – Holy Communion in Lent this includes the Stations of the Cross
Wednesday Morning in St. John’s 8.30am Morning Prayer
Thursday Mornings in St. John’s 10.00am Holy Communion
Friday Mornings in St John’s
8.30am Morning Prayer
For Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Morning Prayer, entry is via the Beauchamp Chapel door, which is here as viewed from the War Memorial side of the church. Entry at other times via the North Door, the main door on the opposite side of the building.
Visitor Opening Times
Monday – Saturday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Sunday Open for services
Please be aware that we are reliant on volunteers to open the church to visitors and that some last minute closures may occur.
For Coach Parties or to visit St Mary the Virgin – please call the Parish Office on 01380 724389 in advance.
Sunday 10th December – 4.30pm Christingle
Sunday 17th December – 6.30pm Nine Lessons and Carols
Christmas Eve 8.00am BCP Holy Communion
Christmas Eve 10.30am Parish Eucharist
Christmas Eve 5.00pm Crib Service
Christmas Eve 11.30pm First Eucharist of Christmas
Christmas Day 8.00am BCP Holy Communion
Christmas Day 10.30am Parish Eucharist
Lectio Divina: The Parish Rooms
The Fourth Friday of each month 10 am
Bible Study Group
Wednesday evenings | 7.30pm
Thursday evenings at 7 pm
Friday evenings at 7 pm
- Thanks to Churchyard VolunteersFor all who have been impressed with the state of St John’s churchyard this autumn—and who hasn’t been—the churchyard volunteers are to be thanked. The flowers in the northern borders …
- Cranmer Awards Heats in St John’sSix candidates aged 13 to 18 took part in the Cranmer Awards heat for the northern part of our Diocese of Salisbury in St John’s on 16 November. The church …
- Choir Sing at Portsmouth CathedralCongratulations to members of St John’s Choir on a very successful visit to Portsmouth Cathedral, where they sang at the main Choral Eucharist on Sunday morning, and at Choral Evensong.
The Parish Church of St John’s with St Mary’s, Devizes takes its responsibilities surrounding the safeguarding of children, young people, and adults who may be at risk very seriously, and works in partnership with the Diocese of Salisbury to ensure that we work in accordance with best practice at all times.
If you have any Safeguarding questions or concerns you can contact our Parish Safeguarding Officer – Jerry King on 01380 723830 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can contact our Diocesan Contact: email@example.com